Over the past few years I’ve developed a taste for summer driving during sunset with the windows down. Sometimes I’ll just take off into the countryside without a destination. Rolling hills, fireflies, and nebulous clouds receive bonus points.
The best nights are those where my music accents my mood. I’ve found these recently-released songs bring me the greatest amount of sunset-summer-driving joy.
- Lovers’ Carvings by Bibio
- Blue Mind by Alexi Murdoch
- Signs & Signifiers by JD McPherson
- In the Dirt by S. Carey
- Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys
- Holocene by Bon Iver
- Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars
- Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John
- Hold On by Alabama Shakes
- Andrew Jackson by Dianogah
- Let’s Go Surfing by The Drums
- Kiss with a Fist by Florence + The Machine
- Up Up Up by Givers